Sunday, February 15, 2009

Seven Years

It's hard to believe that it's been seven years since Mike Darr died. Admittedly, I wasn't as affected by his death as other fans were since it (and his entire career, for that matter) happened during the time in my life when I wasn't following baseball closely. I just remember reading about it in the newspaper; I didn't feel a personal sadness, just the general sadness one feels when somebody dies at a young age leaving behind a wife and children... I had no idea until I saw pictures of him years later that he was all sleeved up- quite the rarity for baseball players back then- so I have to imagine that if I were paying attention to baseball back then he would have been my favorite Padre since I've been known to be superficial like that...

No comments:

Post a Comment