Sunday, April 12, 2009

...and now for something completely different:

I've resisted the urge to post cards of Pads featured as members of other teams and then I pulled this. Well, not this one per se but one that once looked just like it- if you're confused, don't worry; I'm in the process of explaining it...
Well, my wife and I have been on the outs yet again so I temporarily relocated to my friends' house in my life long hometown. My second day there, I went to my childhood cardstore for the first time in ten years and bought, amongst other things, a box of 1991 Classic. Along with Big Gillie, I pulled a Rondell White and several other eventual Padres. My prize pull, even more awesome than a Single-A Giles, was a Single-A card of Paul Fletcher. I already had that card, signed, from when he did an appearance at that very cardstore as he's one of two guys from Ravenswood to make the Majors- the other being my across-the-street-neighbor Larry Carter but it was still cool to pull him from a pack...

(story continued tomorrow)

No comments:

Post a Comment