Tuesday, March 22, 2011

On A Personal Note: Khalil & The Kiddo


For five years I had a stepdaughter. She was and is one of the coolest, smartest, funniest, most amazing people in the world. Her favorite player was Khalil; she would always come up while I was watching the games and ask how he was doing. My marriage to her mom was in its final death throes around the time he went to St. Louis and I haven't spoke to her in nearly two years. It's a gap in my life that will remain there until I eventual have a kid of my own; she felt like my own daughter. She'll be turning 14 this year which is amazing to me; she was already a miniature adult when her mother and I split for good. Though I may never see her again, she will always have a huge place in my heart. Otter, if you should ever happen to read this, just know I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment