Thursday, April 7, 2011

Fare Thee Well, Mitch Canham

Poor Mitch Canham. He switched organizations a couple weeks ago and nobody noticed. When I bought this card on St. Patrick's Day he was still on the San Antonio roster. When I was looking at Minor League rosters last night, he was nowhere to be found so I googled him. Turns out the Pads gave him his walking papers and he latched on with the Oakland org; he's a Midland RockHound now. I mentioned this on Twitter today and in a weird coincidence, about an hour later, MLBTradeRumors mentioned just that we'd released him. I guess some news is just meant to fall through the cracks.
Mitch has yet to live up to the promise he once showed. Originally a catcher, he has since branched out to play all four infield and outfield corners as well. If that doesn't work out for him he can always fall back on his mic skills.

1 comment:

  1. "Mitchy Slick Grand Slam Time" will definitely be missed.

    ReplyDelete