Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Listia Lately

It's been a while since I've done a post of Listia finds and I have a stack here from the past few weeks that have yet to be organized so you see where this is going. Tony seems like a good starting point because, honestly, who doesn't like Tony Gwynn? I generally like Pacific cards but that Aurora issue is not one of their finest efforts. As for the one on the right, it's for some dice game I'll never play. But if I did play it, I'm sure I'd single my opponent to death with this card.
This 1975 Topps of Chris Cannizzaro is the most recent to show up. I "paid" 400 credits, which equates to about $1.33, but it was worth it to me to get a slab of vintage I didn't have yet. I'm nowhere near completing the '75 team set but, hey, baby steps.

The Tim Stauffer card was grouped with four other Bazooka cards which were of no interest to me but at 100 credits it was worthwhile just to get the Stauff. I'm glad he signed a minor league deal this offseason to stay with the organization. Stauffer is by far the longest tenured Padre and it would be strange to see him as anything else.
I think that gold sparkle parallel is the third version I have of that particular Logan Forsythe card but I'd have to double check to be sure and I'm comfortable right now. Cameron Maybin's poorly photoshopped 2011 Topps was part of a four card lot featuring the next two cards and a double of Cedric Hunter I've already passed along.
Matt Buschmann didn't pan out for the Padres but at least he's not Matt Bush, man.
Bip! It's really hard to come up with something to say about Bip Roberts that I haven't said before. Between five annual Bip Roberts Days and assorted other posts, I feel like I'm all Bipped out wordwise until next February 10. That 1990 Fleer was one of a ton from that set that particular user was getting rid of. I got this and two others for twenty-some credits apiece.
The Alex Cole card on the right was another of the aforementioned three 1990 Fleer cards I got for dirt cheap. I'm not an Alex Cole fan but I've always remembered his funky MC Hammer glasses. The reason I got this card was to send it to Dime Box Nick because it's a zero-year card. Not only is there this card of Cole as a Cardinal, I've since come to find out (or been reminded; it's hard to tell sometimes) there also exists a card of him as a member of the Padres despite the fact that he never played a regular season game for them either. That's getting in Canseco territory. Sadly, I don't have it. So, if you come across 1990 Upper Deck #751 I'd be glad to take it off your hands. In the meantime, I'll try to remember to mail this one to Nick.

I got that Finley with Backstop in mind but then I double checked his Finley list and there it was. So now I have another card of Steve Finley as an Astro that I don't really care about. Ehh, I'm sure I'll find somebody who will like it. For that matter, they might want the bunch of other cards of Finley with other teams which are just hanging out in what I just decided to call an apathy box.

It's odd that I don't collect cards of Steve Finley as an Astro but I do collect an Astro with no ties to the Padres. I don't try to understand the things I do. Anyway, if you read my last post you know I'm referring to Craig Biggio. If you didn't read it, sorry for ruining the surprise.
I forgot about Topps MBossed existing until I snagged this one up. I also forgot that they were, you know, embossed until it got here.

I generally don't collect much non-card stuff but sometimes you see such a good deal you can't say no.
Starting Lineup figurines aren't something I have ever collected but I was able to snap this Caminiti up for just over 1000 credits. That's only a little more than $3.00 in real world money so it wasn't much of a decision. The sweatbands should come in handy if I play softball again this summer. If I don't, having a pair of unused wristbands won't be the end of the world.

But what could be cooler than that?

Okay, I'm not even going to bother pretending to build suspense where there is none. By now you know if it's a long acquisition post there will be Joey Coras at the end.
And, sure as the sun dost shine, there's Little Joey. I have a few of each of these but nowhere near enough. I don't know that I'll ever approach a certain somebody's Tim Wallach collection but I am determined to accumulate the world's largest Joey Cora collection eventually. I have a loooooooong way to go before I even approach being in the discussion as such but these drops in the bucket help out. As always, if you have any copies of these or any other Joey Cora cards I'll trade you pretty much just about anything for them.

1 comment:

  1. So YOU'RE the one with all the Listia credits I don't have, beating me on all the Friar board!

    ; )

    Nice wristband pick up. I saw those, too, but no way I can pull that off. Do it.

    So, why does Cora look so...emotional? Apprehensive in one and intensley expectant in the other. Whew, ease up, Cora.

    ReplyDelete