Sunday, March 28, 2010

Kooooouz!

Sorry for the hiatus, everybody (and by 'everybody', I mean 'both of you'). It's been a couple of weeks but I'm getting back in the swing of things. I've got a slew of Joey Cora posts lined up but first, this...

I never understood why Kouz was such a polarizing figure in his time with the Pads. I guess this might go back to the whole expectations thing- after all, when you hit the first Major League pitch thrown to you for a grand slam, people are bound to have high hopes of you- but still...

His production was neither particularly good nor bad- he even made MLB Network's By The Numbers's "All Average Team" due to this. People seemed to either love him for his looks (doesn't do much for me) or hate him because he was blocking Headley (doesn't do much for me).

Me? Eh, I liked the guy- still do- but I wasn't particularly broken-hearted when he went to Oaktown. Actually, I was pretty stoked but that had everything to do with getting Shrek back so it's neither here nor there. I hope he has a great season and a great career but I'm not gonna be naming my son after him or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment