Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sean Burroughs & My Hatred Of The Word "Potential" (Mo Pressure, Mo Problems)

I was digging through my little brother's cards and found this, which got me thinking about Sean Burroughs. I think I might be the only person who didn't hate him- I rooted and had empathy for him. This was a guy I could relate to in that his baseball career was like my life in general: lauded as a child, showing signs of progress nearing adulthood, but ultimately being an absolute disappointment by the age of 27. I wonder if Sean Burroughs hates the word "potential" as much as I do? I despise it; it's right up there with "cute", the other four letter word that starts with "cu", and "slut". I think it's one of the most damaging labels that can be put on someone...

More on this with tomorrow's card. It all ties together, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment