Sunday, May 9, 2010

The Tony Gwynn Golden Jubilee #19 of 19: The Finale

So, here we are at the end of Tony The Gwynn's birthday. The Padres didn't beat the Astros like they did the day of his HOF induction- I got home that day from my grandmother's funeral to learn that we'd scored eleven runs in the first inning- but we took the series and are still in first place so no complaints there. Also, Dallas Braden's perfect game was the 19th in Major League history- a fitting tribute for a man who spent his career with that number on his back.

Happy birthday, Mr. Padre; here's to fifty more great years!

1 comment:

  1. Nice job with the list! It's been a few months since I've bought any Gwynn's and this inspired me to go on ebay and buy a whole bunch more cards. I thank you.....but my wallet doesn't.

    ReplyDelete