7. Tony was the 6th player who had spent time with the major league Padres to be elected to the Hall Of Fame. Can you name the first five?
8. When he was inducted, his daughter Anisha sang the national anthems of Canada and the U.S. for the ceremony.
9. A number of Gwynn artifacts were on display in the HOF prior to his induction, including the shoes, helmet and pants he wore when he collected his 3000th hit.
10. As Tony was giving his HOF speech, his Padres scored 11 runs in the first inning against the Astros.
11. In a nice bit of symmetry, the player who entered the Hall along with Tony, Cal Ripken, Jr., also spent the same 20 years with one team.
12. Gwynn's top-9 BR comps are also Hall of Famers.
13. Tony appeared on 532 of 545 ballots. This 97.6% is the 7th highest percentage total ever.
14. Tony's statue at Petco Park was unveiled eight days before his induction as part of a countdown celebration by the team.