Monday, April 30, 2012

Monday's Mat Latos

I wasn't glad to see Mat Latos go, but since he got traded and there's nothing I can do about it, I'm glad it was to Cincinnati. A lot of my friends are Reds fans and I've always watched and listened to a lot of their games over the years since they're the closest Major League team. I was talking to my friend Nic- a Reds fan- after the trade and said that I'd still watch his starts and be rooting for him. Nic asked who I'd root for when Mat faces the Padres. Of course I'd root for the Friars and said as much immediately. I thought for a second and added a caveat. In the wildest, most ridiculous best case scenario, I'd like him to throw a no-hitter and lose 1-0 on an unearned run. But, since that's pretty imfrigginprobable, I'd just like to see Latos perform well and take a no-decision in a Padres win. I realized I just set it up for some a-hole to make a snide remark about the Padres winning being pretty imfrigginprobable, so go for it; just know in advance that you're a terrible person.

No comments:

Post a Comment