Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tuesday's Tony Gwynn: The Tull Group

On a side note before I get to the gist of this post, I have to say that every time I see the above card, I instantly start mentally singing "Tony, yoooooouu arrrre my shining star..."
Yesterday, the rumors were confirmed. Tony Gwynn is on board with Thomas Tull's group vying for ownership of the Padres. For those who are unaware who Tull is, Gaslamp Ball Entertainment Correspondent matthewverygood profiled him a week ago. To quote mvg, "He is a part-owner of the Pittsburgh Steelers. He runs the hugely-successful Legendary Pictures and is responsible for bringing us such films as Inception, The Dark Knight, Watchmen, and 300. He's one of the most powerful men in Hollywood - Thomas Tull, the hero San Diego deserves." All of that is well and good but what got me on board was the inclusion of Gwynn. As far as I'm concerned, Tony Gwynn's endorsement is as good as Ron Swanson's.

No comments:

Post a Comment